East Mall Family Dental offers a full range of dental services, from cosmetic to restorative, to meet all of your oral health needs. We have extensive experience in wisdom teeth extraction in Etobicoke. If any of your wisdom teeth are affected, get in touch with us. We can have you at our clinic for regular dental checkups to monitor the condition of your wisdom teeth.
Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars that emerge between the ages of 17 to 25.
Mostly, wisdom teeth do not have the room to grow properly and can cause problems, such as:
• The teeth remain completely hidden within the gums: If they do not emerge properly, they can get trapped within the jawbone or gums, which is a very painful situation.
• Your mouth is not big enough: Your jaw has no room for an extra set of molars. In such cases, they can crowd or damage nearby teeth.
• You can develop cavities: Since they are so far back in your mouth, it can get difficult to reach your wisdom teeth with your tooth brush or dental floss.
In such cases, it becomes essential that you get your wisdom tooth extracted.
• Your dentist will give you some type of anesthesia so that you do not feel pain during the removal
• Your gums or bone may need to be cut to get the teeth out.
• The wounds are stitched up so that they heal quickly. Stitches will dissolve in a few days.
• Most people have little or no pain after the surgery.
Follow these tips for the first three days after the surgery, for a quick recovery. You should:
• Use an ice pack on your face to reduce any swelling
• Use moist heat for a sore jaw
• Do some gentle exercise with your jaw
• Eat soft foods
You should avoid:
• Rinsing your mouth
• Consuming alcohol and smoking
• Consuming hot liquids such as tea or soup
• Drinking with straw